Abhinav Hitech College of Engineering (AHTC) B.Tech student Shiva Mahesh burns himself in an open plot near his college on Monday at Moinabad, K. Shiva Mahesh, belonging to Mahbubnagar district, was depressed after he was not allowed to write his exam due to irregularities in his Intermediate certificates. With 90 per cent burns, he was shifted to Osmania General Hospital for treatment.
AHTC Engineering college student Shiva Mahesh burns himself
Shiva, a student of Abhinav Hitech College of Engineering, went to a deserted area near Gayatri Temple after 10 am. “He poured petrol and lit himself. He sustained at least 90 per cent burns before any help arrived,” said Moinabad inspector G. Srinivas.
Hearing Shiva’s screams, locals rushed to the scene and doused the flames. With the help of emergency services, they shifted him to hospital. According to Shiva’s relatives, his admission had earlier been rejected by VNR VJIET due to the irregularities in his Intermediate certificate. However, he got admission in Abhinav. But during certificate verification, the management found that the certificates were not valid and he was asked to leave.
“His Intermediate certificates are from another state board, and they did not have TS recognition. He had been running around to get recognition for his certificates. The examinations were on Monday, but he could not solve the issue and he was barred,” said the inspector.
Shiva had been living in a private hostel in Masab Tank while his family lived in Bhuthpur mandal in Mahbubnagar district. Doctors said that his condition remains serious and his parents arrived in the city after being informed. The college management refused to comment about the incident.
AHTC Engineering student makes suicide